GHAJINI-An excellent movie made!

Thursday, December 25, 2008

GHAJINI- What a movie! First of it's kind named after the villain. I've not watched the original movie but the remake is amazing! The story revolves around a young business tycoon who after a devastating incident suffers from anterograde amnesia and is seeking to avenge the loss of his beloved.

ghajini1

The anterograde amnesia is still a medical mystery with no cure on the picture as of now where the patient suffers loss of memory of what happens after the event that caused the amnesia, remembering things only for some minutes and it's projected so realistically in the movie! I was really stunned the way Aamir Khan has to label every single thing in his house, take photographs of people and places he knows so that he can recall when he forgets. However, his other emotions, how to go about daily routines remain intact in his subconscious. It reminded me of this story I read in Chicken Soup where the woman after meeting with a devastating accident during horse riding loses all memory, everything! The story painfully goes on, outlining how her husband helped her learn everything again- to walk, eat food, brush hair, to talk...everything that comes so naturally to us! It's ironical! These are the things we do everyday and often take it for granted and all it takes is one ruined moment to take that all away which makes our existence felt and expressed.

GHAJINI is a must watch for Aamir Khan's amazingly amazing stunning performance, the body this perfectionist has built up after months and months of hardcore training and the engrossing narrative which never loses any pace. He reminded me slightly of James Bond. Well! I said to myself that this is India's closest answer to James Bond along the lines of sheer power and endurance!

So grab the phone, book your tickets while I get back to my books to start mugging like a parrot again to answer another mugger-friendly, thinker-killing paper on Monday though it's useless 'cause I end up writing my own strain of thoughts even in the answer sheet! Sigh...

3 comments:

Noor said...

i hav not watched the movie yet but i want to watch it cuz i heard lots abut this movie

Vasudev Kamath said...

I think exam is on tuesday not on monday :)

Ni said...

No for me it's on Monday so that one day advance i finish studying...but it will not work out!:(

 
Design by Pocket